New Delhi, first published 17 Aug 2022 at 11:49 IST
The country’s largest public lender, the State Bank of India, offers home banking services to a select group of customers. During the Covid-19 pandemic, the service has been made available to customers who are elderly, disabled, people with certified chronic conditions and visually impaired.
Are eligible for the scheme seniors over 70, disabled or handicapped people (chronic illness or medically confirmed disability), including the visually impaired. Fully KYC-compliant accounts, single accounts, and joint accounts with a survivor/former or survivor are also eligible.
Customers domiciled within a radius of 5 kilometers around the Domicile Branch, according to the lender. SBI tweeted the scheme saying, “SBI at your doorstep!!!” SBI offers free “home banking” three times a month to customers with different abilities.”
Know how to enjoy SBI Doorstep banking services through Yono:
1) Access the SBI Yono app
2) Click on the service request menu
3) Choose a home banking service
4) Request the withdrawal of checks, cash withdrawal or other services
Know how to register for the service
State Bank of India customers should register for SBI home banking services by dialing 1800 1037 188 or 1800 1213 721.
5) Banking services are available at your doorstep.
The following home banking services are now available at select branches:
1) Cash withdrawal
2) Cash delivery
3) Withdrawal of checks
4) Check the collection of the requisition slip
5) Collection of the 15H form
6) Submission of drafts
7) Delivery of term deposit notice
8) Recovery of life certificate
9) Recovery of KYC documents
Strengths of SBI home banking:
1) Registration is carried out at the branch of origin
2) Requests for home banking should only be made at the home branch
3) The maximum cash withdrawal and deposit amount is Rs 20,000/- per transaction per day
4) Non-financial transactions incur a service charge of Rs 60/+ GST per visit, while financial transactions incur a charge of Rs 100/+ GST
5) Withdrawals will be authorized using a cheque/withdrawal form with the Passbook
6) Delivery will be made as soon as possible, but no later than T+1 working day (excluding public holidays)
Also Read: Withdrawing Rs 10,000 from SBI ATM? You will need an OTP
Also read: SBI warns customers against phishing scams and urges them to ‘beware of fraudulent customer service numbers’
Also Read: LIC Becomes India’s Highest-Ranked Fortune 500 Company; Dependency, SBI included
Last updated Aug 17, 2022 11:52 IST