For customers who find it difficult to travel to their bank for banking services, home banking turns the inconvenience into comfortable banking right at their doorstep. The India Post Payments Bank (IPPB), a division of India Post which belongs to the Department of Post, a department under the Ministry of Communications, Government of India, offers convenient home banking services for a nominal fee. Every resident of India, regardless of their place of residence in the country, can book this service online and perform basic banking activities such as opening a bank account, transferring funds, depositing and withdrawing money. cash, top up or pay bills, purchase life and general insurance, and much more at their doorstep with IPPB.
Home banking services provided by IPPB
According to the IPPB official website, the following banking services are available at your doorstep after a successful reservation.
- Digital account opening
- Cash deposits and withdrawals
- Funds transfer
- Recharge and pay utility bills
- Account related services such as linking IPPB account and post office, updating PAN/appointment details, requesting statement of account, issuing standing instructions, issuing QR cards, etc
- Cash Pickup, Balance Inquiry and Mini Statement are all Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS) services provided by IPPB at the door.
- Life insurance, general insurance and mutual funds are forms of third-party services provided from home by IPPB.
- Financial services such as Aadhaar with mobile number update, issuance of digital life certificates and payment for postal products such as Sukanya Samriddhi, PPF, RD, PLI, RPLI, LARD can all be done at the customer’s door.
How do I book home banking with IPPB?
According to the IPPB, a reservation request can be made for a minimum of T+2 and a maximum of T+10, and a customer can choose a specific time for service delivery between 11:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on the scheduled time. daytime. Customers can make a service request by calling 155299 or by submitting an ad hoc request via GDS, Postmen or the post office. Customers can also submit requests online by visiting ccc.cept.gov.in/ServiceRequest/request.aspx. Follow the steps to book your home banking application online.
- Visit https://ccc.cept.gov.in/ServiceRequest/request.aspx and enter your name, address, PIN, email address and mobile number.
- From the drop-down list, select the service you need to perform at your doorstep.
- Now select the subcategory of the chosen service and click on ‘Request OTP’.
- You will now get a One Time Password (OTP) on your given mobile number, enter the OTP and after successful verification your reservation will be confirmed for which you will receive a confirmation message on your mobile number.
IPPB home banking fees
The IPPB would impose a charge of Rs 20 + GST per customer served beyond one kilometer from the post office for each home visit and there is no limit on the transactions that can be made from home. According to the IPPB, charges applicable to individual products or services used during the Home Banking (DSB) visit will be in accordance with the “Schedule of Fees” and will be in addition to the DSB charges. Here are the fees for IPPB and non-IPPB customers accessing home banking services.
|Product/Service||Amount of DSB fees to be deducted (Rs)|
|Transfer of funds into IPPB accounts and other bank accounts||20 + GST|
|Permanent instructions||20 + GST|
|POSB scan||20 + GST|
|POSB scan||20 + GST|
|Sukanya Samriddhi (SSA) Accounts||20 + GST|
|Public Provident Account (PPF)||20 + GST|
|La Poste Recurring Deposit Account (RD)||20 + GST|
|Loan against recurring deposit (LARD)||20 + GST|
|Mobile postpaid and other bill payments||20 + GST|
|Reissue QR code||20 + GST|
|Assisted IPU||20 + GST|
|Cash withdrawal||20 + GST|
|Cash deposit||20 + GST|
No more rushing to the bank for your basic banking transactions. With @IPPBonlineyour Postman/ Gramin Dak Sevak brings the bank to you via our #Door step banking services.
For online booking of IPPB Doorstep services, please submit a request to – https://t.co/44novdHlvu
– Indian Postal Payments Bank (@IPPBOnline) March 22, 2022
Enjoy all banking services at your doorstep with @IPPBOnline. Contact your Postman / Gramin Dak Sevak today and take advantage of our #Door step banking services.
For online booking of IPPB Doorstep services, please submit an inquiry to –https://t.co/44novdYWU4#IPPBDoorstepBanking
– Indian Postal Payments Bank (@IPPBOnline) March 31, 2022
For investment-related articles, business news and mutual fund tips
Article first published: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 1:13 p.m. [IST]